Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Where the wolves howl

The very most end of the South Arm from Yellowstone Lake. Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, USA, August 2009
Yes, here it was.
I like to remember the night in our tent at our backcountry campsite 5L2. (Some hundred meters from the lake.)

We heard wolves holing!
Just incredibel. What a sound. No fear. Awesome. I loved it. Can't forget it. True wilderness.
It was summer. A cold night. We snuggled up all together in our thiny tent.

"We listened for a voice crying in the wilderness. And we heard the jubilation of wolves!"
 Durwood L.Allen


I link this to Sky Watch Friday, Weekend Reflections. Straight Out Of the Camera Sunday and  to Scenic Sunday

18 comments:

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

A thin tent isn't much between you and the jaws of a wolf!

SKY OF WONDER

Sky of wonder, sky of bliss,
Who would think a sky like this
Would permit my eyes to see
Sun and moon and stars for free?


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Desert Hills Sky

Randy said...

That would be so fun to hear! Lovely photo.

'Tsuki said...

The twilight is amazing... Very nice shot this week again.

joo said...

I wish I could be there! Gorgeous!

Dianne said...

I've never heard a wolf howl Carola- love your crepuscule shot!

Carletta said...

What a beautiful photo!
I can only imagine the howling of wolves but I know it must have been as exciting as you describe.
Perfect quote. :)

Fjällripan said...

So exiting to hear the wolves. Beautiful photo!

The 4-feet Wonder said...

Wonderful photo and the experience you shared with us is also wonderful. \m/

Linda said...

What a beautiful sooc shot - stunning reflection!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful place, and the howling wolves would make it seem magical! Great shot.

Teresa

Karen said...

That is a fabulous photo!

Joyful said...

What an awesome experience. I've never camped out and heard the wild like that.

Lesley said...

A beautiful spot for camping.
The wolves have a haunting howl that is not easily forgotten!

Francisca said...

Listening to wolves howling from a small tent beside the lake is not an experience many of have! Wonderful photo, Carola.

Jan said...

What a gorgeous shot. I've camped there!

darly said...

beautiful place, and lovely capture

Have a great week, hope you check out my SS entry too.

Rosie Gan said...

Your photo taken in such light makes it mysterious. I like it. Your travels are interesting. I'm a follower.
Rosie

Linnea said...

Sometimes I hear coyotes howling, but I don't think I've ever heard wolves...Some day hopefully! Thanks for stopping by at my SS.