Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Journey by bus

A stop to load more firewood on top of the bus. My little son Thomas is watching out of the last window. There is something going on.

Livestock transport inside the bus.


Southwestern Ethiopia, May 2010

This Journey by bus was part our travel across Africa. Every stop was a surprise, what are they loading. For us its a great way to travel by local transport.

I will post more photos the next days.

This is my ABC Wednesday. To watch more go to this site from Mrs. Nesbitt.

7 comments:

Richard Lawry said...

Looks like quite the eventful bus trip.

An Arkies Musings

Wanda said...

What a great way to see Africa. Sharing a bus with the animals. Looking forward to more pictures.

Hazel said...

That's exciting and cute for an adventure.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this escape into the Good. What an adventure it must have been.

Please have you all a good Wednesday.


daily athens

Roger Owen Green said...

I've traveled w people who ACTED like goats, but not with actual livestock.

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Unknown said...

Carola, I could not bring myself to get on the bus with livestock in Yugoslavia back in 1969. I think it was the mechanical state of the bus that worried me. I so wish I had been as brave as you and your family.
Thanks for your wonderful photos!
HelenMac, ABC Wednesday Team

'Tsuki said...

Oh ! Those reminds me so much of Africa ! (I lived a few years in Nigeria when a was a child) Thanks for the sharing, I can almost smell this bus, in fact...