Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

UFO on a tower - or a symbol from Lünen


Lüntec-Tower and office building in the technology park, Lünen, yesterday

A former winding tower from the coal mine from 1922. Now the symbol from the Lüntec technology park. Mining stopped in 1992, the capsule on top was build in 1995 and the technolgy park opend as part of the structural change in the Ruhr district (German Ruhrgebiet).

Popularly called Colani-Ei, after the designer Luigi Colani and the egg-shape. Or it is called UFO. Seen from a distance it does actually look like.

I posted a lot of pictures from this "UFO tower" before, all with the label UFO

but for the first time I took this view with the sign

more at Lesleys signs, signs



6 comments:

Pat said...

I wonder how many people think it is a UFO who see this from a distance! Pretty cool!

Lesley said...

I had a look at your other posts - I can see why you'd want to take many photos!!

Taken For Granted said...

Interesting photo. Looks like that UFO is about to take off.

Jim said...

Well lit.

Tanya Breese said...

how neat!

genie said...

I think this is really cool. It does make one think of a UFO. genie